Skip to main content

How can i get a warrant off of me and get back in court. i cant afford to pay for a lawyer for my child support case.what option

Broadview, IL |

s do i have to get legal advice or represen tation for my child support case.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You need to go back into court and face the judge on this - no way out of it as far as Illinois law is concerned. Depending on whether it's a contempt case or not (And the type of contempt involved) you may, or may not, be entitled to representation by appointed counsel. To say you need an attorney at this stage is an understatement - do what you can to try to secure one.


Having an experienced family law attorney can only help your situation. It sounds as if you have a body attachment issued against you for alleged chld support arrears. Most likely this body attachment has a pre-determined bond amount that you must post if it is ever executed. You will need to go back before the issuing judge if you want to avoid being arrested. Most attorneys hold free consultations and I suggest you contact one soon.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer