Skip to main content

How can I get a felony overturned for a first time offender?

Peoria, IL |

The police stole or lost my wallet. Other police say that I should subpeona all video, audio, and police medical records. If I supposedly assaulted a police officer, I would have been beaten up. I have no injuries whatsoever. The police won't even produce the formal charges against me. Is there something wrong on their end? Bunch of BS if you ask me. Even cops are telling me that they screwed something up.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You should seek the advice of a criminal defense lawyer if criminal charges are still pending. Do not talk about your case over the Internet, even on anonymous forums such as Avvo. You have a right to remain silent-- do not inadvertently give up your right.

The matter of lost or stolen property confiscated during arrest could also be talked about with your criminal defense lawyer, who might also handle it or refer to another lawyer that handles civil matters.

The information provided here should not be construed to be formal legal advice. The provision of this general advice does not create a lawyer-client relationship. Persons with legal questions are encouraged to seek independent counsel for advice regarding their individual legal issues.


There is really nothing we can do on this Q&A forum to help you. You need to consult with a criminal defense attorney. There are many good ones near you.


Set your case for trial.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer