Skip to main content

How can I get a copy of CC&R's if I have misplaced one, that I had at the time of closing on the house?

Kent, WA |

If someone misplace CC&R's copy then how can one get another copy with latest updates to it? Is it a public record and available from County or State?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


CC&R's are recorded with your county recorder. The management of the HOA should have copies available to review or purchase.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of California. Responses are based solely on California law unless stated otherwise.


Covenants governing land must be recorded in order to bind future purchasers. Thus, you can always get a copy from the land records office in your jurisdiction (city or county). Over time, some jurisdictions are posting their recorded documents online.