Skip to main content

How can I get a copy of a will of my mother when my brother the executive of the will want let me have one.

Madera, CA |

I have reason to beleave there is more to the will then he is letting us know.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


The will has to be filed with the court in order to be probated. At that point it becomes a public document. You should be able to review it and get one down at the courthouse.


Mr. Garner is correct. In order for your brother to act as executor under the will, your brother needs to file the will with the Probate Court. At that point the will is a public document and you can request a copy from the clerk at the Probate Court.

Ms. Marsh strongly advises the questioner to consult with an attorney to thoroughly review her particular circumstances and to provide advice tailored to her specific circumstances.

Disclaimer. Ms. Marsh is an attorney licensed to practice in California. The information posted above is for general information, does not constitute professional legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.


I concur with Mr. Garner and Ms. Marsh. You should be able to review the will at the court.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer