Skip to main content

How can I get a CDV 1 charge dropped if the state has taken over the case

Sumter, SC |

my boyfriend was charged with CDV 1 and the detective said they are not allowed to drop the charges on CDV cases, but a lawyer told us that he may be able to get it dismissed. how is that possible if the state is saying overwise, I dont know what to do cause i didnt want to press charges in the beginning but the SC law says i have no say so in it,

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Your boyfriend will need an attorney. | For confidential answers on Florida law, call 1.877.452.9457. Attorney James Regan, LL.M, Esq., is a Florida lawyer answering questions pro bono. Answering these consumer questions based on limited and unverified facts does not create an attorney-client relationship. Being posted on the internet, these questions and answers are not confidential. For confidential answers on Florida law, call 1.800.452.9357.



hes applied for the PTI program, the detective said that they would recommend it or another kind of counseling program.


The state has the authorty to drop charges. the state will take your wishes into consideration, but it is ultimately up the the representative for the state. A lawyer might pursuade the stte to drop charges.