Skip to main content

How can I find proof that I entered the country legally

Los Angeles, CA |

I entered with my father when I was 5 years old on a flight but my father has lost all of the records of this. I am now married to a US citizen but don't have any documents on how I entered. I know I did not sneak through the border because I remember coming on the flight. Is there a way to prove I entered legally?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You can file a I-102 or a Freedom of Information Act Request to see what shows up. An attorney could help you

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 Enjoy our Blog at


You can file a G-649 FOIA request with Customs Border Patrol. It can take about 8-10 months to get the information. An immigration attorney can also help you find those records.

The Guides and Answers I post to this web site are intended for informational purposes only and are not intended to serve as legal advice regarding specific matters nor should it be construed as a legal opinion. Use of this web site does not establish an attorney-client relationship between you and Rachel Game, or the law firm Hecht and Norman LLP. The information on this web site should not be used to replace the advice of a licensed attorney.


You can file for a replacement I-94 card. That would be proof of legal entry.


I agree with my colleagues. FOIA and filing an I-102 maybe your best option. Good luck.

Mr. Lorenzon's answer to your question does not establish an attorney client relationship, but rather is meant to share knowledge with the general public. For specific advise on your case, you need to consult one on one with an immigration attorney. Mr. Lorenzon can be reached at 216 573 7322 or at All initial constulations are free.