Skip to main content

How can I find out who the prosecutor in my case is ?

Orlando, FL |

how can I find out who the criminal prosecutor in my case is ? Its a 1st degree misdemeanor

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5

Best Answer

Simply call the State's Attorney's Office; advise the receptionist that you are calling regarding a misdemeanor matter (they may transfer you to the the County Court division); if requested provide your name; date of birth; and social security number; to the receptionist, but if she can not locate your case, simply say thank you and politely hang up, before you trigger the filing of an action that may simply go away on it own. Better yet, why are you not simply having your attorney call? Certainly do not answer any questions about the nature of the circumstances leading up to the alleged incident, or any factual background with which it is associated.

We are pleased to offer a free thirty (30) minute initial telephone consultation, or, if possible, will attempt to schedule a free thirty (30) minute initial office consultation. Neither this offer of a free initial consultation, nor the mere fact that the initial consultation may have ultimately been conducted, whether telephonically or at our office location, should be construed; assumed; interpreted; or understood by any individual who was granted a free initial consultation for which no consideration of any sort whatsoever was tendered, to have formed or created an attorney-client relationship, or to have created any obligations owed by the attorney or attorney's firm to any individual who was given a free initial consultation, by the mere undertaking of the free initial consultation for which no consideration of any sort was tendered to attorney or attorney's firm. The formation of an attorney-client relationship occurs through the process of negotiation between the prospective parties, the individual seeking legal representation, and the attorney, acting individually, or as an agent of a firm (the capacity in which the attorney is acting shall be disclosed to prospective client, if negotiations for legal representation in exchange for good and valuable consideration are undertaken by the prospective client and the attorney. If agreement is reached by and between the parties for legal representation after the mutually satisfactory negotiation of the agreement for legal representation, and all of its individual terms; the scope of representation to be provided by the attorney to the prospective client has been delineated to the mutual satisfaction of the parties; the manner of payment of good and valuable consideration by the prospective client to the attorney has been determined; and it has been conceded by the parties that all of those factors upon which agreement had been reached by the parties and which were recited herein, had been agreed upon by the parties only after careful consideration and sufficient review of the document styled Agreement for Legal Representation, and after it has likewise been conceded by the parties that each respectively had been presented with the opportunity to have the document reviewed independently by each respective party's personal attorney, or any other attorney of his or her chooosing. If the Agreement for Legal Representation contains terms regarding contingency fee agreement or agreements for payment to the attorney for all or a portion of his or her services and legal representation on behalf of the Client, Client concedes that he or she has been presented with an additional document entitled "Statement of Client's Rights", which is a document created by the Florida Bar and approved for use in matters in which payment in full or part, is tendered by contingency fee agreement. Please note that any commentary or response offered through this site is based on the limited set of facts and background data supplied by the individual framing the question and would in all likelihood require more investigation before a complete response could properly be framed to thoroughly answer the question posed. No attorney-client relationship is, or should be presumed to be, formed through the comments or responses provided to the individual posing the question, as a courtesy, here, through this forum, nor should any other duties or obligations be construed; assumed; or otherwise be inferred to exist and/or owed to the individual who posed the question by the attorney who provided the best guidance possible to said individual under the circumstances presented as they were, including the unreasonable assumption that a full and thorough legal analysis of an individual's situation could be formulated simply based on the minute portion of the entirety of the facts and circumstances surrounding any legal matter, which could in no manner possibly be presented here in such a form which would allow for a thorough analysis, evaluation, or legal opinion to be formed by the Attorney.


It is not a good idea talking to your prosecutor. Many feel uncomfortable talking to defendants for obvious reasons. Defense attorneys call the SAO, give the case # to the secretary or receptionist, and then are told who is assigned to a particular case. Do not try to handle your issue yourself. Hire an attorney!!!!!


Why do you need this information? If you are representing yourself, the prosecutor will NOT speak with you by phone. If you have a lawyer, he/she will make contact, not you. If you are just curious, call the clerk's office and ask. They should have the prosecutor assigned.


You can probably look up your case online depending on what county and how that clerk of courts website works. Do a search by your name or whatever search field that site uses to pull up cases and the State Attorney should be listed or at least listed in the docket.

This answer is to provide information on general legal issues and are not intended to provide advice on any specific legal matter. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.


You can call the State Attorney's Office prosecuting you and ask them who the Assistant State Attorney assigned to your case is.

Anabelle Dias

Anabelle Dias


HOWEVER, under no circumstance do you want to speak to the Assistant State Attorney assigned to your case. You should hire an attorney or request that one be appointed to represent you and let him or her handle it from there.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer