Skip to main content

How can I find out if someone is an illegal immigrant?

Brooklyn, NY |

My daughters children were removed and placed with her Illegal immigrant husbands mother and stepfather. The in-laws are supposed to apply for Foster Care for the children, but are not accepting it. How can I find out if the mother is really a U.S, Citizen since she will not comply and filed for full custody of the children?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Your daughter would need to follow the domestic law possibilities for relief in the State of New York, if she still has any, and she may have then standing to have the county inquire as to the immigration status of the care-givers. That is not an issue, per se, an immigration issue for you or your daughter, though.

Harvey Mechanic, Attorney at Law
Authorized to handle Immigration matters throughout the United States

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer