How can I find out if a criminal complaint has been filed against me?

New York, NY |

I recently had a dispute with a close personal female friend & business associate.
Because of our personal differences, she used my business and work items (work related property, computer files, etc) as leverage against me, and made it impossible for me to gain access to an apartment we've shared for 3 years, which is where the items were stored.
When I sternly asserted my rights to the apartment & Company items, she not only threatened to go to the police to get me to "leave HER alone, for good," she then showed up at the apartment with two uniformed officers to retrieve clothes for a short business trip she was about to embark on, and abruptly left in a taxi (I haven't heard from her since; approximately 8 days).
Is there an online site to see if an official complaint was filed?

No, there is no on-line site to see if an official complaint was filed. The Office of Court Administration web site lets you see information about active criminal cases but only after someone has been arrested and seen a judge. The best you can probably do is to call the local police precinct and see if the woman filed a complaint against you. You may want to speak with a detective in the precinct. They may not tell you. In addition, if they ask you to come in to discuss the situation, that would be a good clue that the woman did file a complaint. I do not recommend speaking to the police without a lawyer because everything you say can be used against you and while you may think you are simply explaining your side, the police may see things differently.