How can I find a NY appellate attorney to handle a case pro bono, involving judicial misconduct?

New York, NY |

This case has compelling evidence of judicial misconduct, yet no one seem to care a judge has accepted favor(s). He had 911 cases before him. He is not honest and should be removed.

Best Answer

You could call your local bar association but I think it is very unlikely that you'll find a pro bono attorney for such a case.

It is always advisable to contact an attorney. For a consultation, please contact my office at 516-669-3295. We are located in West Babylon, NY and proudly offer very low rates and free consultations. <a href="http://www.LouisLSternbergLaw.com">Please visit us on the web.</a>

Doubtful.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Thank you very much. I plan to do so.

Every state has some sort of judicial oversight body, and you should direct your complaint to the appropriate authority in New York. As my colleagues have noted, you are most unlikely to find an attorney who would agree to accept your case on the terms you propose, or on any other for that matter. If there is in fact judicial wrongdoing here it is best addressed by the proper disciplinary or prosecutorial authority, not by private litigation.

The Disciplinary authority has refused to take action and said the issues raised, should have been brought out in my appeal. They were yet appeal denied.

Christine C McCall

Christine C McCall

There is little possibility that an attorney would choose to work for free on a case where the judicial oversight authority has already declined to act. Judges are immune from suits for damages for their judicial acts, so there is no potential an the attorney to get paid for representing you in this matter. What you are really asking for is an attorney to take up your cause for free just because...well, just because.

The judicial committee did not say issues were invalid. We all knowi they are refusing to take action against their peers. I guess I'm looking for a attorney interested in civil rights, not just concerned with making a buck.

Christine C McCall

Christine C McCall

There are many worthy and meaningful ways for attorneys to be involved and influential in matters of civil rights. In fact, attorneys have shouldered much of the civil rights struggles that have been critical over the last many decades for the advancement of civil rights in this country and throughout the world. But few attorneys are likely to conclude that going after a single judge, on behalf of a single private person, on issues that can be addressed by timely and proper appeal, is the best, only or even most effective or worthy means of acting on a genuine interest in civil rights commitment. In all events, you may have greater success in finding suitable and willing counsel by requesting a consideration of your matter from the various public interest legal organizations than you will get from individual attorneys who are, after all, working people who must get paid for their labors in order to put bread on their tables.

I am not trying to sue a judge, you are mistaken. I'm looking for an attorney to file a second appeal where there is compelling evidence to prove my case. I have and continue to seek assistance. Civil rights is meaningless if it only applies to persons who can pay for it. If the Supreme Court and office on judicial conduct refuse to act, they are just as guilty as the judge.