Skip to main content

How can I file a subpoena in the state of Florida without an attorney?

Fort Lauderdale, FL |

I am in the process of filing for a QDRO and it suggests that I subpoena my ex husband's pension records. my divorce was uncontested and recently granted by the Judge. I am Prose' .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2

Best Answer

Since you represent yourself pro se you will need the help of the court. Ask the clerk of court where your case is filed to help you to subpeona your witness. Although courthouse staff cannot give you legal advise, they can explain the procedure for getting a subpeona issued by the clerk.


You cannot do so without court permission.

DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State where this charge is filed.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer