Skip to main content

How can I file a motion for early release under House Bill 2649 for my husband who is in Larry Gist State Jail, Beaumont Tx?

Beaumont, TX |

He was sentenced to a year for probation violation. He is currently attending school full time in there and has completed two rehabilitation programs and is currently participating in a drug rehabilitation program.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


If you're not an attorney, you can't file a motion (unless you want to get indicted). When he becomes eligible for the early release, the State Jail will send the District Judge a notice asking the Judge whether he wants to grant the early release. The Judge can give him any or all or none of the "good time" he is eligible for.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.


I agree with Ms. Jaggers. It is supposed to be automatic that the information is sent to the judge for the judge's decision.

Cynthia Henley


I agree with Ms. Henley and Ms. Jaggers.

I would emphasize that it is not permitted for non-lawyers to practice law, and that includes filing pleadings for other folks.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.