Skip to main content

How can I file a lawsuit against the apartment manager for harassing my children and constantly coming into my home?

Arlington, TX |

I have had a problem with the apartment manager calling the Police on my children for playing in the yard and the apartment manager has also let made a false, drug related, call to the Police. She unlocked my door and let the Police into my home to search for drugs. Of course, no drugs were found, but I know that it is against the law for the manager to break into my home and also to allow the Police into my home without a search warrant.

How can I begin a lawsuit against her? I am not the only person here who has problems with the manager, I am just the only one who is fighting back.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

To answer your question specifically, you can draft a "petition," setting out the relevant facts and the legal theories on which you are suing and file it with the clerk of the court where you want to prosecute your lawsuit. You would have to pay the clerk a filing fee and an additional fee for the issuance and service of a citation, which will then be served, together with your petition, on the defendant by either a deputy constable of Tarrant County or a private process server. The specific details of how to accomplish all of this are, as you might suppose, impossible to convey in this forum.

Having said all of the above, you should not file a lawsuit representing yourself. You don't know how to do it, so you will do it incorrectly and almost certainly lose your lawsuit. Instead, you should consult a lawyer who is educated and experienced in the law and lawsuits. He or she will know what needs to be done to help you and how to do it.

I suggest that you consult an Arlington or Fort Worth lawyer who is certified in "Real Estate - Residential" law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. A link to the Board's website appears below.

Good luck.


A lawsuit would be fruitless. Best bet is to put it behind you.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


You could sue her in small claims court for violating TX applicable statute.

-Michael R. Juarez Law Office of Juarez and Schaeffer PO Box 16216 San Diego, CA 92105 (619) 804-4327 This posting is provided for “information purposes” only and should not be relied upon as "legal advice." Nothing transmitted from this posting constitutes the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Applicability of the legal principles discussed here may differ substantially in individual situations or in different jurisdictions.


You should consult with a trial/civil attorney in your area as soon as possible. Most, if not all, give free initial consultations. The lawyer will consult with you in depth about your issue and see if you have a case. Good luck to you.

All responses on this site by this attorney are considered practical & general and does not constitute absolute or final legal advice. It is always best to consult a lawyer in your area on your exact case/claim. Each state has different laws, statutes of limitations and regulations. This lawyer is only licensed in the State of Texas. If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of GREGG S. HARRISON, PLLC, nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Office of GREGG S. HARRISON PLLC. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. GREGG HARRISON. Visit our website at or call 832-797-7600 to discuss your legal issue; We represent injured persons who have been involved in motor vehicle collisions, 18-wheeler/truck wrecks and motorcycle accidents; all types of general negligence and catastrophic injury claims.