Skip to main content

How can I evict my husband from the property we rent?

Clifton Park, NY |

We've been estranged for almost a year and because of this I renewed the lease on the property in my name only. He was supposed to leave but hasn't. The landlord even refunded half of the deposit back to him. He hasn't paid any of the household bills except the cable - all except the cable are in my name. He's now menacing me in the house and won't leave me alone. His menacing has resulted in two domestic complaints against him but nothing warranting having him removed from the house. Also, both complaints took place while he was on the lease. What are my rights? I need to get him out of the house.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If he's not on the lease, then he's a guest in your house. If guests won't leave when asked to, you remove their belongings and have the locks changed.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer