Skip to main content

How can I enforce pendente lite order .

Sicklerville, NJ |

I had hearing on Monday, and entered a consent agreement before the court with my husband for child support and alimony. However he has yet to comply ( he is not paying the full amount or supplying the information I need to pay the bill plus commission information.- which were oart if the order the judge approved) I have an attorney and so does he but his side is unresponsive. What should I expect?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


If you have a consent order, then you will need to file an enforcement motion with the court in which you provide a copy of the order and an explanation as to how your spouse is not abiding by its terms. Your attoreny should be handling this for you.

This post is not legal advice and does not create a confidential attorney-client relationship. It is being offered for informational purposes only. You should not relay any confidential or priviliged material in this public forum. You should not rely in this post as legal advice. In order to obtain a more comprehensive answer to your question you should consult with an attoreny of yoru choosing.


If you are currently represented by an attorney that attorney really should be addressing this for you. The bottom line, if a party fails to comply with the terms of an Order and you wish for such terms to be complied with you need to file a Motion with the court seeking (1) To hold the other party in contempt of court and/or violation of litigant's rights; (2) To secure enforcement; etc...

Kenneth A. White, Esq.
New Jersey Family Law Attorney

The Answer provided was based on the limited information provided, and represents information based on the law in general, not a legal opinion that can be relied upon. Before a formal legal opinion can be offered I would need an opportunity to review all possible relevant facts and circumstances. You cannot rely on the advice of an attorney given over the internet. The exact facts of your sitaution, including facts which you have not mentioned in your question, may completely change the opinion that is being offered. Please be aware that the above comments are neither protected by attorney-client privilege, nor may the same be the basis for a malpractice lawsuit.


Your attorney can file an enforcement motion and ask for sanctions for failure to comply.

The information provided is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. This information is designed for general information only. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your specific situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and emails. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.


I agree with my colleagues.

VOSBIKIAN & VOSBIKIAN, L.L.C. (856) 755-1400, e-mail: - Offices in Atlantic City, Cherry Hill, Newark, and Trenton, NJ. Please consult with a licensed attorney to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please visit and share this site:


You can expect an enforcement action to occur shortly.

DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State where this charge is filed

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer