Skip to main content

How can I enforce a Mexican money judgment against a legal resident of Mexico.

San Antonio, TX |

State of Jalisco.

I have a money judgment against a Gringa legally residing in Jalisco, Mexico.

All she has is a car; no job and negligible personal property.

I am a Gringo living legally (permanent resident) in Mexico for 9+ years.

I assume no debtor's prison in Mexico.

Judgment is about $20,000 (pesos).

AVVO won't accept my address of Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico How can I post this better


+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Contact a Mexican lawyer, in Mexico, to ask about how to enforce your Mexican judgment.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this or any other matter.


The attorneys on this site are not generally qualified to answer questions of foreign law. Contact an attorney in Mexico.

This comment is given for educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship exists between us.


Contact the local bar in San Antonio to find someone qualified to practice law in Mexico. I'd be surprised if you are going to get anywhere in this collection.

I'm not your attorney; my answer includes assumptions. If you want me to be your attorney, I'm easy to find.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer