How can I divorce with alimony?

Miami, FL |

I have been married 20 years and My husband is disrespectful to me, dirty text messages with other women about sex, excessively drinking wherein he can't perform in bed. Asking young girls to have
his baby. Always using profanity in every conversation. He blame me for everything bad that happens.

You need to file for divorce and request alimony.

Consult with a local and experienced family law attorney to represent you.

You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation since every case is different and not all information is relayed in an online question. The Law Office of Ophelia Bernal-Mora, P.A. is a family law firm located in Orlando, Florida, we invite you to contact us and welcome your calls at 407-354-5223. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

As stated by one of the better Florida attorneys on the site, get an attorney, file for divorce and by motion ask for temporary and permanent alimony in your complaint.

Attorneys on Avvo donate their time and your feedback is appreciated. Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions.

Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora

Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora

Thanks for the compliment Lee!

Lee Alan Thompson

Lee Alan Thompson

Oh, was I talking about you ;) You're welcome

Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora

Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora

Hey, even I can put two and two together since I was the only other post at the time you made the comment. Haha. Have a good day!

Lee Alan Thompson

Lee Alan Thompson

At one time you were and great day, yep, a custody case for tomorrow I thought was settled just blew up. A great day to you as well!

File a petition for dissolution of marriage and request spousal support. Spousal support can be requested on a temporary or permanent basis. It would be best to consult a local attorney.

Legal disclaimer: Ms. Braaten's answer to your question does not establish an attorney client relationship, but rather is meant to share knowledge with the general public. For specific advise on your case, you need to consult one on one with an family law attorney.

Contacting a lawyer would give your more information on your rights and options.

Please be advised that any answers or information disseminated above does not constitute legal advice and that the attorney responsible for this posting is merely attempting to participate in a Q & A session intended to be helpful but certainly not intended to be legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Christian D. Smed, P.A. is a family law firm located in Orlando, Florida, we invite you to contact us and welcome your calls at (407) 644-2978. Feel free to learn more about our firm at www.divorcelawyerinorlando.com.

You need to hire an attorney to help you with this. Obviously, he is not changing after 20 years. Good luck!

Bill Rosenfelt 407-462-8787 (Orlando/Longwood/Central Florida)

Please be advised that any answers or information disseminated above do not constitute legal advice and that the attorney responsible for this posting is merely attempting to participate in a Q & A session intended to be helpful but certainly not intended to be legal advice. It is important that you understand that no attorney-client relationship has been formed and that the attorney has no obligation to follow up with you with your legal issue unless you separately contact said attorney and arrange for him to legally represent you.

Get out and start your life over. Check out my website where I discuss your issues and have links to the relevant statutes. You need to hire an attorney especially if you are seeking spousal support and have 20 years worth of marital assets and liabilities. Also, if your husband has been using marital assets for his affairs, you are entitled to half of that dissipation. Again, you need to hire an attorney. Most likely the fees will come out of your marital assets but that's another conversation. I only write that so you know that an attorney is affordable. Please feel free to call myself or a colleague. You need our help.

You can reach the Law Office of Richard S. Chizever, P.A. at (305) 974-1580 or RChiz@ChizeverLaw.com. Richard S. Chizever, Esq. is a family law attorney licensed in the state of Florida. This answer is for general information only and does not create an attorney client relationship between Richard S. Chizever or the Law Office of Richard S. Chizever, P.A. and any person. You should schedule a consultation with an attorney to discuss the specifics of your legal issues.

To divorce your husband and get alimony you will need to file a divorce petition and request alimony. You should seek advice from an attorney that handles divorce/family law.

Here is a brief summary of what the court looks at to decide if one qualify for alimony.
To obtain Alimony, the FIRST THING you will need to show is:
1. You have a NEED for alimony
2. Your husband has the ability to PAY alimony

SECOND:
Then, the court will decide what type of Alimony you qualify for depending on the situation in your case.

THIRD: the court will look at several things, including (this is not a complete list):
1. How long you have been married
2. Education Levels
3. What was contributed to the marriage- (Ex: Raising children, Homemaking, career sacrifices
4. Age, physical and emotional condition of each person.

This response does not establish an attorney-client relationship. This response does not constitute legal advice.