Skip to main content

How can I dismiss the order of protection in New York?

New York |

I took orders of protection against my husband after a Domestic Voilance 4 months ago, He is living on his own from last 4 months. He never violated the orders. Now we want to resolve the problem and want him to come back. But he want to fix the legal part fixed before he will come back. What is the process in NY to dismiss the order of protection?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If you want the order of protection against your husband dismissed, you can file a petition in court to modify (or vacate) the order. Be prepared to appear in Court to explain why you want the order of protection dismissed. The Court will want to make sure that you are acting on your own free will, that you are not seeking to dismiss the order because of any threats made against you or because of any fear you may have of retribution by your husband. The Court will look to protect you, even if you feel you no longer need the protection.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer