Skip to main content

How can I defend against a 4 point, 70 in a 45 Safe Corridor in court?

Springfield, NJ |

Is it possible to reduce to unsafe driving, or a 2 point 59 mph ticket without a lawyer? How can I go about doing so?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Yes, it is possible, but your chances will be much greater if you do have a lawyer, especially in Evesham Township. Please bear in mind, however, even the unsafe operation violation will carry with it double fines in a safe corridor. So theoretically, the fines could end up costing you $600.00 or even more, depending on the town where you have to appear. If you have a clean driving record, you may want to talk to you insurance company to determine the ramifications of having the charge reduced to 59 mph (a 2-point speeding violation). In the long run, it may be cheaper.


You can only plead guilty to NJSA 39:4-97.2, Unsafe Operation, 2 times within a 5 year period. A third guilty plea to Unsafe Operation within a 5 year period will cause 4 NJMVC points to appear on your driving record.

Subject to the eligiblity test set forth above, you may be able to amend, or downgrade, your present speeding ticket to a violation of either Unsafe Operation or speeding 59 m.p.h. in a 45 m.p.h. zone. An experienced traffic lawyer may be helpful in getting the Unsafe Operation violation amendment with a minimum fine and no suspension of your driving privilege.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer