Skip to main content

How can I contact a Torrance Superior Court's clerk via phone and directly talk to someone?

Lakewood, CA |

I CANNOT figure out which of the many options will connect me. I need to talk to the court clerk, not use any of the automated services.

I would go in to the courthouse, but it's very far and too much gas to keep checking in that way. (I need to keep following up on my Claim Opposing Forfeiture Form.)

+ Read More

Filed under: Filing a lawsuit
Attorney answers 3


It takes a tremendous amount of patience and persistence. In-person is sometimes necessary.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.


It is still best if you can visit in person.

If you must telephone, the Torrance courthouse directory is available online at

Frank W. Chen has been licensed to practice law in California since 1988. The information presented here is general in nature and is not intended, nor should be construed, as legal advice for a particular case. This posting does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author. For specific advice about your particular situation, consult with your own attorney.


It sounds like you already have an open case. Have you tried looking up the judge handling your matter? It can be found on the Los Angeles Court Website. Look up Locations, and there is a Judge Directory tab. Good luck.

This reply is provided for information purposes only and does not represent legal advice or an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer