Skip to main content

How can I collect on an old judgement?

Mcloud, OK |

I won a judgement against the corporation. This was back in 1998. My lawyer told me that even though I won that there was no way to make the corporation pay. Since that time I have heard that the corporation filed bankruptcy. I was not notified of the bankrupty. The owner of the company is still in business with a new company with a very similar name. It is the same type business.

My lawyer received no money from me since I have not received any money.

I have recently found out that the owner of the company has an airplane up for sale.
What can I do, if anything?

+ Read More

Filed under: Bankruptcy
Attorney answers 2

Best Answer

In Oklahoma a judgment is only enforceable for five years unless you renew the judgment. Make sure you still have an enforceable judgment before you spend time on this issue.


I think nothing.

This is AVVO, a place for users to obtain general legal information to general legal questions. I am glad to help you in any way I can, within those limits. I wish to make clear I am only communicating with you for the sole purpose of exchanging such general information, and nothing more. It is not legal advice, which I can not provide because among other reasons I know few of the necessary details of your situation. I do not purport to represent you in any way, shape or form. Of course, if you would like to seek out my services, and if you are a NY resident, I will probably not put up very much resistance but representation would still necessitate a signed retainer agreement between yourself and I. Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer