Skip to main content

How can I check to see if my x-wife has a driver licenses?

Moreno Valley, CA |

I know my x-wife does not have a drivers license because about a year ago she used someone elses drivers license (without her knowledge). I have filed for divorce and she filed her response already. We have 2 children and I just want to make sure she has a valid ca drivers license while they are in the car with her.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


I would delegate that task to your retained family attorney to ascertain with the Secretary of State of California Department of Driver's Services whether a certain person has requisite driving privileges to transport your children safely. Naturally, you need to provide her date of birth, her Social Security number and a legal spelling of your first and last name for that legitimate inquiry.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602


Have your attorney do it. It is a valid concern


If you have an attorney bring this to their attention. If you are in family law court either your attorney or if you don't have one bring this to the attention of the judge. If she does not know how to drive than the children are in imminent danger?


You can search DMV records. There are also various internet search services that will obtain this information for you for a fee.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer