Skip to main content

How can i change a judge in nevada family court ,

Las Vegas, NV |

the current hearing master is a fill in and has already convicted me and we havent even gone to court yet

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Hearing Masters are different than judges. You can't change a hearing master. Nevada law allows a one-time peremptory challenge of a judge, but the time constraints are rigid. For $450, each side gets one shot at a random change of the assigned judge. Generally, the challenge must be filed within 10 days after notification of a hearing or not less than 3 days after notice of assignment.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer