How can I best help my son get his Navy General Discharge with comment "committed serious offense" overturned?

Plano, TX |

At the recommendation of his Navy legal council my son accepted an Article 15 while at the Naval Academy Prep School for calling a fellow officer candidate a "dirty little Mexican" while playing in the dormitory. He was told that the worst that could happen was expulsion from the program and was not advised that his O-6 commander was presiding and that due to his rank gave him unlimited punishment options. My son had served honorably and been deployed while on active duty for 2 years prior to joining the Academy program. He understands that he was wrong but the punishment is like getting a life sentence for shoplifting. Its excessive.

In order to have the characterization of discharge corrected or upgraded the only option you have it to apply to the Board for Correction of Naval Records in Washington D.C. I currently have a case pending before the Board and am very familiar with the process. Feel free to give me a call to discuss further. The initial consultation is always free. You can find out more information at the following website: http://www.donhq.navy.mil/bcnr/bcnr.htm