Skip to main content

How can I become a legal resident in the US. I live in Argentina.

Jamaica, NY |

I would like to re-locate to New York City. I have a friend living in Queens, NY who will give me housing and help me financial until I can work legally. What are the steps needed for me to start the process for immigration.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


That is a very vague question that prompts a long discussion. Basic answer: either family or employment immigration. In short, you need to be sponsored. For basic information on each you can look at

Irene Vaisman, Esq. 11 Broadway, Suite 615 New York, NY 10004 (646) 253-0516 This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (646) 253-0516.


Schedule an appointment for a consultation with an immigration attorney who can assist you in defining your plans.


You need either a close relative or an offer of employment for which you qualify. There are too many variables to address your question, especially since I know nothing about you. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney to review your qualifications and determine your eligibility.

The herein content is for general informational purposes only, and may be predicated on incomplete facts. It should not be relied upon in making legal decisions or assessing your legal rights or risks. Neither does the herein reply create an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer