Skip to main content

How Can I be entitle to in state tuition in the state of Florida?

Fort Lauderdale, FL |

I became a permanent resident in april 2013, yet I have lived in Florida for about five years, and i even graduated with an Associate. However, now that I am a resident I am denyied in state tuition because I have only been a permanent resident for a couple months. I would use my driver's license to prove it, but as an ex-F-1 visa holder, I had to renew my license every year.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


This is a question for a Florida attorney, not an immigration attorney.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.


If the international office at the school cannot offer you advice, then contact a local attorney.


Depends on the state of Florida rules for obtaining in state resident status. Research and study them.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.