Skip to main content

How can I ask for an extention on paying a no seatbelt ticket?

Mount Vernon, WA |

I had gotten a no seatbelt ticket and I am unemploed right now so I need to ask for an extention to pay for the ticket how would I ask in orfer for me to get the extention

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


See if you can arrange a payment plan.



input this URL: ( ) you can find many cheap and high stuff Believe you will love it. WE ACCEPT CREDIT CARD /WESTERN UNION PAYMENT YOU MUST NOT MISS IT!!!


When did you receive the ticket? Have you responded yet?

If you already had a hearing and lost then you can try and call the court to ask if they can put you on a payment plan, or refer you to an agency such as Alliance One or Signal that can you can set up a plan with.

If you have not had a hearing, I would recommend requesting a hearing. The court will schedule a date for the hearing, and that will usually give you at least a month. You can use that time to pay the ticket, but I suggest that you actually attend the hearing.

You can request a hearing to mitigate the ticket, which means that you admit that you were not wearing your seatbelt, but you ask the judge to reduce the fine. Some judges will want a reason, such as a good driving record, economic hardship, or other circumstances that justify lowering the fine.

You can also contest the ticket - you say that you were wearing your seatbelt at the time. This may be difficult without a lawyer so you should consider consulting with one before you make your decision.


I agree with Mr. Jensen. In addition, you may be able to work off the fine through community service. A lot of the District and Municipal Courts in Washington State will allow that. Call the Court Clerk in the in the City/County where your ticket was heard and explain that you have a fine and that you would like to satisfy it with community service. It is worth a try. Good Luck!

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer