Skip to main content

How can I add a middle name to my baby's records?

Allen, TX |

When my baby was born, we couldn't decide on a middle name, and now we want to add one. How can we do that in the state of Texas?

+ Read More

Filed under: Birth certificate
Attorney answers 2


You may be able to amend the birth certificate. Check this website for instructions:


I agree with Teri! It's the easiest way to start. Both parents would need to sign to amend the original birth certificate.

If they refuse, you would need to do a name change. It can be done but it costs $$ and takes awhile.