Skip to main content

How can get a restricted license after 90days of your suspension? new law?

Sacramento, CA |

i heard on the news that a new law has been passed that took effect on july 1 2010 that you can get restricted license after 90 days suspension of license. how do i get it? what do i have to do? do i have to signup for classes first?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


In order to qualify for the new law you need to install an interlock ignition device in your vehicle. However understand that the law is not retroactive. If you were represented by an attorney in you DUI you should contact them to see if you qualify.
Robert Driessen


The new law is not retroactive. If you were convicted before July 1st, it will probably not help you. However, there are many attorney's in Alameda, Sacramento and Los Angeles counties who would be happy to file a writ on your behalf against the DMV to try and get it to apply. This is not an inexpensive procedure.