Skip to main content

How can a grandparent come get a child out of another state and fight for custody if the mother and father doesnt want that?

Saint Louis, MO |

the grandmother came and got my kid and said she would bring her back now she is fighting for gaurdian ship over my daughter and the babies father and i dont want that. so how can she get gaurdianship over our dauther if we dont want that?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Even I could file a petition for guardianship of your child and then argue my surroundings are in his/her best interests. Not uncommon for a grandparent to do so. I encourage you to hire good counsel if you contest her actions. Good luck.

NOTE: The use of the Internet for communications with the firm or this attorney will not establish an attorney-client relationship and messages containing confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent.