Skip to main content

How can I change the date of my state mediation ?

Miami, FL |

What is the procedure for changing the date of my state mediation?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


The first step is to speak with the opposing side and see if they agree to reschedule mediation. If there is an agreement, you can call the mediation office and request to reschedule. If the other side does not agree, you will need to call the mediation office and request a change based on an important need, ex. Medical need. Good luck, mediation is an excellent tool to resolve issues between the parties.

** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** This response above is not legal advice and it does not establish an attorney-client relationship. When responding to questions posted on Avvo, a general purpose response based on Florida law is provided. All relevant background details or facts related to your issue / matter is not available. Therefore, I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, the review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship. For specific advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain local counsel. Karen Munzer, PLLC,, E-Mail: , Tel: (305) 654-4444.


If you are represented by counsel, follow his or her advice. If the Mediation is court ordered by a certain date and rescheduling will violate the court Order, then you will need an Order extending the deadline for good cause.

Please share the type of case being mediated and the reason you need to reschedule it. I may be able to give you better insight as both a former trial lawyer and current Board Certified Circuit Civil Mediator. Contact me via email or telephone, both listed in my Avvo profile.


Get the opposing side approval and contact the mediator to reschedule.

The response to this question is not intended as legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. Mr. Seifeldein has responded based on the limited information provided by the inquirer in this forum. There is a Statute of Limitations applicable in every case and Mr. seifeldein strongly advises that the inquirer seek legal counsel immediately for a complete evaluation of the matter.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer