Skip to main content

How and where can I get a criminal background check for free?

Port Angeles, WA |

my ex took my kids and I have to file a petition for parentage just to have rights for my own children. Right now her and my children are living with her boyfriend who I know has a pretty bad criminal history possibly even a sex charge on his record. I need to find out what his criminal record is and I just moved so I don't have money right this moment. How can I do it? It's very important.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


The washington state patrol handles requests for criminal revords but it does cost a nominal fee in the neighborhood of ten dollars.


You can run a criminal history check at that website. It costs $10. There is no way to get a free criminal history check.


If it is a Washington State record, at no charge, you can search the Washington Court Records site and put in the name and date of birth. It should list the criminal cases from this state. It is not completely accurate to date, but it is the best thing out there at no cost. Yu can then call each court clerk to verify what happened on the case. The Superior Court can also take some "judicial notice" of its own records once you point them out.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer