Skip to main content

How and when to apply for L2 I-94 date extension ?

Williston Park, NY |

Hi.. Me & my son are L2 visa holder & our visa & I-94 expiers on June-2013, but my husband (LI visa holder ) have I-94 till Feb- 2014 but his Visa also expires on June-2013 & he will be staying here on his I-94 date. My question is
1. Can I apply for my & my son's I-94 extension depending on his I-94 date
2. If yes how early I can apply?
3. Does my husband has to apply for his Visa extension in order to get our I-94 extension?
4. some where I saw that my husband has to apply for L1 visa petion to extend our I-94 date , what is that ?
I am really cofused pls help

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

The I-94 controls the status in the US.
1. Yes;
2. 6 months before status expires;
3. No;
4. Nothing like that.

Asheesh K. Sharma Attorney at Law Sharma Law Offices, LLC 47 Perimeter Center East, Suite 260 Atlanta, GA 30346 404-348-2829 This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. Do not rely on this advice without speaking to an attorney in detail about your case. This message does not create an attorney-client relationship



Thank you sir, That's a great relief for me, I have few more question 1. Can I apply in normal mode /premium mode? if yes how much do they cost? 2.How long it will take to get approved?


First, if yo u are in the US , your I-94 controls as does your spouse's I-94
1, yes
2. generally 6 months
3. no
4. no, but you will need to s how he is still in status and you are still married

Hiring a lawyer will surely help you

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 Enjoy our Blog at



Thank you sir , Yes I'm in US, What document I need to produce apart from my passport & Visa copy ? & how long it will take usually to get approved ?


1. Yes
2. Up to six months prior to the expiration of the I-94
3. He must be maintaining valid L-1 status
4. See 3.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer