Skip to main content

How can you tell if you were a victim of predatory lending

Redondo Beach, CA |

i was told by Washington mutual in 2006 that i can get a home equity loan for 425 , 000 at the time i had bad credit and struggling too , they said it would reduce my credit cards of 30 , 000 interest to a lower rate and raise my credit will that sounded good , representatives from the bank even came to my home with a notary , by the way they told my to get a apr not a fix loan but i could get one later , now that i have used this loan and raised it up the new bank chase has froze it saying that my finances have changed will no they have always been the same vie always paid on time no reason for this to be frozen , now am going to have nothing to pay with like my resources are fading in this precision , and my payments are interest only but never the same amount

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Your question is confusing but it does appear that you may be able to state a cause of action if the terms of your loan were not adequately disclosed in your loan documents. How can you tell? You need to consult with an attorney who can review the facts, loan documents, loan history, and present status with you.

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference



ok ,i almost lost my home for a grant deed i did 20 yrs ago to help someone but i took it to court and won for fruad now this i do need to find out thanks


Justin Graham's BlackBerry Device


You need to contact an attorney that handles mortgage cases who can review your loan agreement and the details of your transaction. Make sure you speak with an actual attorney and check them out first since there have been a few organizations out there taking advantage of consumers in connection with mortgage cases.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer