Skip to main content

Housing Discrimination - Wrongly lost benefits

Peoria, IL |

I was on Section 8 Housing and hve to have it to live. I don't make enough money from Disability to get by.

The Housing Authority said they won't give me benefits anymore because I'm now 'a violent offender' because of a fairly recent conviction of threatening a public official. This is discrimination! There was no act of violence, ther's no reason to believe that there will be one, I was and am living on private property and not in a public living facility, and paying my benefits is not going to make me get violent. That's ridiculous! I want to sue to have my benefits reinstated, damages, discrimination, rights violations, pain and suffering (I don't even have enough to eat without those benefits), and more.

I want to sue. What should I do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Contact Prairie State Legal Services right away. They have an office in Peoria, and their phone number is (800) 322-2280 according to their web site. The legal services program attorneys are the experts in subsidized housing matters.

The above response is not intended to create, nor does it create either an attorney-client relationship or an ongoing duty to respond to questions. It is intended to be solely the educated opinion of the author and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Some responses may be advertising material. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the inquiring person and additional or differing facts might change the response. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the state of Illinois. Responses are answers to general legal questions and the inquiring party should consult a local attorney for specific answers and advice. Answering this question does create a duty to keep information confidential, nor does it prevent me from representing an adverse party. Advertising Materials.


I agree with Ms. Goodwin.