Skip to main content

Hotel eviction process in texas

Austin, TX |

"What is the process to evict someone from an extended stay hotel if they have been there over 2 months? This is in Austin TX"

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


To be safe, same as normal landlord/tenant eviction. However, a hotel guest is a licensee, not a tenant, thus if the hotel knows a helpful police officer, they could try to force out without a court order.

If this response was helpful, please mark it as helpful or as a best answer. The response provided herein is for informational purposes only and is not intended as legal advice, nor does it establish or intend to establish an attorney-client relationship. You should always speak with a licensed attorney regarding your legal rights before taking or not taking any particular action. In certain jurisdictions, this response may be considered an advertisement. In such circumstance, Kevin M. Koel is responsible for all content stated in the response. Kevin M. Koel is not certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization for any particular practice area, nor does Kevin M. Koel claim specialized knowledge in any practice area.


In cases where a guest has been living in a long-term hotel, a factual issue could be raised: Has the relationship gone from innkeeper-guest to landlord-tenant? If the relationship is that of innkeeper-guest, hotel owners need not go through eviction proceeds so long as no more force than necessary is used. It's better to be safe than sorry, though, and you may want to err on the side of caution and treat the guest as a tenant and go through the formal eviction process.

The post above is for informative purposes only. It does not and should not be construed as constituting legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed between Patel Law, PLLC or Naval Patel and any receiver. Each matter is unique and requires a comprehensive assessment by a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer