Skip to main content

Ho do we get our three year old back, that has been in our home for over 2 years? we where supposed to adopt him,didnt happen!!!

Milwaukee, WI |

our lisenceing worker quit on us and we had no idea and neither did our social worker until 4 days before our placement hearing which was on july 2 and they removed him from our home on the 3rd and we had an appointment on the5th with our new worker and we never even new the first one she visited our home once for 5minutes and left ,she was a ignorant snob, and she was just the worst stereo type said i was unfit to care for a child cause i was on pain meds for a back injury from a fewcar accident and said i was too high also to care for a child he is related to me,he is my cousin,and now he is so traummatized to where he has to see a shrink 2 x a day along with play therapy it breaks our heart to hear this. he crys himself to sleep everynite and all he wants is to call us gave her number

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You will need to set up a consultation with a Milwaukee attorney who concentrates in this area. Few of them do. Atty. Stephanie Renee Benske at Brazil Thelen & Benske SC knows adoption law and I have confidence in her ability to point you in the right direction. Her address is:
3821 S Howell Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53207-3840
Contact her at:
Phone: (414) 744-2757
Fax: (414) 744-2738
Warmest regards, Atty. Ernesto Romero


You need to conference with a lawyer who does family law , custody , etc , which my firm does.
If you can not connect with Stephanie, feel free to contact my office at 414-271-7776 to schedule a review.


I would need to discuss this matter in more detail with you prior to being able to respond to your questions. Your question is not clear as to whether the parents' parental rights have yet been terminated to the child or there is a TPR in progress. I realize that there is often a great deal of turmoil with the regular changes of social workers. Have you already been licensed as a foster parent? If you would like for your questions to be answered in more detail, I can be contacted at (414)225-0225 or I look forward to assisting you.