Skip to main content

Hit in my car by a state parole officer in 2010. now i am having a deposition this month. does settlement come after this?

Piscataway, NJ |

i had MRI'S and 3 back procedures which prove injury: 3 herniated disk in neck, 1 in mid back, and 1 in lower back. parole officer was on the phone, didn't see me and hit me.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


First, this is really a question for your attorney. Practically, there is no guarantee that a settlement offer will be made or that the case will settle. You and your attorney need to be prepared for trial. It looks like your case is against a public employee which means that there are multiple levels of approvals needed to settle the case. Have you been examined by the defendant's doctor? This generally needs to be completed before meaningful discussions can be had in your type of matter.

This response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. For more information on our firm, visit our website:



yes i have been seen by defendants doctor. he did admit that he hit me and he didn't see me and he was on his cellphone driving


Talk with your attorney.


Your attorney is the one to ask. Good luck

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.


Only your attorney know the answer to this question for sure. You should follow your attorney's instructions and carefully prepare for the deposition. Your attorney can tell you whether or not the adjuster handling this case wanted your deposition before any serious settlement negotiations take place.


If you have a good lawyer


A settlement offer in a car accident can come any time after medical reports have been submitted to the other side. The fact that your accident was against police makes it more difficult to settle because it falls under title 59. It depends on your injuries among other factors. Your attorney is the only one who can truly answer questions about your particular case. Good luck.

973-984-0800. Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advice and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer