Skip to main content

Hit by unlicensed Florida Truck

Miami, FL |

I was turning in the right turning lane and the armored truck was on the left turning lane. He did not have a commercial drivers license to operate the truck according to the officer. The officer unfortunately was not there when the accident happened and the vehicles were moved due to traffic. We were both making a left and he opened up too much since he didn't have space to turn and hit my car in the back drivers side, which caused my car to swerve at an angle. He then T-boned my car as well. The officer said he didn't know who was at fault since the cars were moved. What should I do? I know those trucks have cameras on board

I was injured and getting treatment still for my injuries

+ Read More

Attorney answers 12


If what you are saying is correct--there is a commercial insurance policy which generally has large liability limits. It is best that you consult with a personal injury attorney a.s.a.p. in order to guide you in this process.

The information provided herein is not intended to be legal advice and no attorney-client relationship exists as a result. Before relying on any advice, please consult an attorney.


If you were injured you should obtain medical treatment and consult with a Florida personal injury attorney experienced in trucking accidents as soon as possible. They will ensure evidence for your case is preserved. Most initial consultations are free. If you were not injured you need to contact your own insurance company and let them handle it for you.

Merry Fountain is licensed to practice law in Indiana. She can be contacted at 1-888-242-HURT. This is not legal advice and it does not create an attorney/client relationship. It is legal education intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. If the question does not include important timeframes and facts the answer could change. Merry Fountain strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state.


You should seek medical treatment immediately for any injuries. You should then go see a lawyer who will be able to protect your rights and get you just compensation for your injuries and property damage.

The information on this website is provided as a service to the public. While the information on this site deals with legal issues, it does not constitute legal advice. If you have specific questions related to information available on this site, you are encouraged to consult an attorney who can investigate the particular circumstances of your situation. The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask for free written information about a lawyer’s qualifications and experience. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice and none of the information presented here is intended to create a lawyer/client relationship. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.


If you were injured, I would recommend you call an attorney asap. If not, and only had property damage, I would recommend using your collision coverage (if you have it) to fix your car and your insurance company fight for a recovery.

My opinion and position stated above is not determinative of your rights, and you are free to seek other legal opinions. Should you decide to retain a lawyer, you should do so immediately as a statute of limitations may preclude you from bringing a claim in the future. If you are unclear about my opinion or you want to discuss this matter further, please feel free to call me at 305-536-3400.


I recommend seeking medical care immediately and then contacting a personal injury attorney to guide you through this process.


Seek immediate medical attention and call a personal injury attorney. Do not give any more statements w/o speaking to attorney first.


Retain one of the above distinguished personal injury lawyers.


The officer's conclusions do not matter for a civil suit. If you were hurt, get care. Then see a lawyer.

This is a summary based on incomplete facts. You should not rely on it as legal advise. No attorney-client relationship is intended to be formed. You may call me 772-562-4570; email me, or visit my website


You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on dealing with many of the issues you are now facing. The Guides can be accessed through my profile page on

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.


I agree with the responding experienced car accident attorneys. You should seek medical attention for your injuries sustained during the truck accident and expert legal representation from a top-notch car accident lawyer in your area. Best of luck.


Immediately consult a local personal injury attorney, either one of those who responded to your question or another listed on AVVO under the tab "Find a Lawyer" Most personal injury attorney provide free consultations. You need professional legal assistance with this incident - contact an attorney ASAP

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.


First of all, you are doing the right thing by getting medical attention. Your health is a priority and should continue to seek medical treatment and interview an attorney that you feel confident will investigate your potential claim and not sugar coat it for you. There is always a battle when it comes time to determine who was at fault. Its possible both of you share some % of the liability. An attorney may hire an accident reconstructionist to assist you or possibly find any eye witnesses.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer