Skip to main content

Hi my sister and I have taking care of our mentally ill father for years he had land I took care of 29yrs can I get half.

Onalaska, WI |

I resently found out he put this land in her name 5 years ago or maybe longer he now is in the later stages of Alzheimer's and in a home. I can't help but feel taken advantage of.Do I have a case.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


First this is more likely a Probate issue. Assuming you can still contest the land change of ownership.

Five(5) years is forever. Start by asking the question again in probate.

WALWORTH, ROCK and JEFFERSON County Divorce/Family Law Attorney - Atty Richard Missimer does answer questions on Avvo strictly to be helpful but these do not constitute legal advice. These answers do not establish an attorney/client relationship. If you would like my help and are within my practice area, contact me at (262)565-8200 for a FREE CONSULTATION.


First, was your father competent when he made the change. Second, did you father make you any verbal promises for taking care of him? You don't have a claim now but might have a claim against the estate when he passes.

Please note that I am answering this question as a service through Avvo but not as your attorney and no attorney-client relationship is established by this posting. An attorney-client relationship can only be established through signing a Fee Agreement and paying the necessary advanced fees.