Hi my name is Fred White, and I'm in the military, but i have a problem. I recently let somebody take over payments of my car th

San Diego, CA |

Hi my name is Fred White, and I'm in the military, but i have a problem. I recently let somebody take over payments of my car that i still have a loan on, but they are now behind on payments, and i ha vent heard from them in more than a week, they wont return calls or texts, and i dint know how to find, what should i do?

Filed under: Car loan Vehicle title

Best Answer

Depending on the agreement you could go take the car back otherwise you could sue them for possession.

This is just my opinion and not a comprehensive answer. You assume the risk because this answer may not apply to your situation depending on the facts.

Well in the agreement, it clearly states that they need to make a payment of 300 dollars every month, until the car is paid off but they haven't paid anything in over 3 months

This is quite a problem. Your loan company most likely will not let you off the hook and you'll be
still responsible for car payments. If the company repossesses the car, they will probably
sue you for the damages. Therefore, you will need to bring an action in court to regain possession of the car and sue for damages. This is a complicated and expensive process designed for car loan companies rather than for inviduals.

Ray Flores,esq.

Well the loan company is my bank, Navy Federal credit union, and can't I just report the car stolen, or send a Repo to get it, because they are not paying for it at the time

Ray Lee Flores II

Ray Lee Flores II

It is the same as if you didn't make your payments to the NFCU. Could you report it stolen? You are the guarantor to the bank It is still your loan. There most likely is a non-assignment clause that means you are still liable for the loan even if someone has converted it. This is all if the people who "assumed" your loan are located in California of course.

So should I just try to put out a Repo for it, because they have broken the agreement for it, correct

Ray Lee Flores II

Ray Lee Flores II

Does your agreement have a repo clause?