Skip to main content

Hi ive been falsely acused of child abuse and now im not allowed near children

Harborside, ME |

its been going on for years iv been doing everything they asked me it gone from not allowed to be left alone with children to not allowed anywhere near my niece and nephews is there any thing i can do to put a stop this

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


It is unclear to me why you are prohibited from having contact with children. I assume that you have a pending criminal charge and it is a condition of your bail. If that in fact is the case, there is little that you can do. It is a common bail condition for child abuse offenses. You will have to live with it until the case is resolved.

If the prohibition stems from a condition of probation, again it is highly unlikely that any judge will modify the condition.

If you are neither charged with nor convicted of a criminal offense, I am at a loss why there would be a prohibition.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer