Skip to main content

Hi iam 17 and i have 1 son and pregnant with baby #2 my fiance baby dad is about to be 24 the 7oct

Baytown, TX |

we are trying to get married and my mom is wit it the only thing is she is handy cap due to a stoke and i was wondering if i was to get a parental consent notarized wit my moms signature and try to go get a marriage license with just that will i be able to get it or i will have to take he with me ty btw i will be 18 on april 15 i am from houston / Baytown ,tx

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Girl, two children at your are is 2 too many, are not toys or pets, they require attention, love and support. You had the first without benefit of marriage so what is the problem with waiting until you are of legal age?

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none.


What is the reason you want to get married? Is he working? Does he have health insurance that you want to use? If the answers to the above are "yes", then depending on the county where you get your marriage license, they might ask for either a notarized consent or parent's personal appearance. Call your local county to find out. Congratulation.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney-client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. If you have further inquiries you may contact: Maria Tu, 2800 West Parker Road #110, Plano, Texas 75025 972-964-8366


Check with the Harris County Clerk's office and ask if a notarized parental consent is okay or if your mom has to come in. I think they will accept the notarized consent - but call and ask. Your other option is to get married on April 16.

I recommend that you consult with an attorney regarding this matter.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer