Skip to main content

Hi I had surgery in2009 in lumbar infusion 2level, after 4times pain, the surgeon left town,

Pittsburgh, PA |

Found another dr, that saw that three screws were floating , that weren't place right , I still am in so much pain , that I can't bear, do I have a case, if so can someone help.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


I am sorry to hear about your situation. Although nobody can say for certain at this point whether you have a case, this sounds worth investigating. You should contact a lawyer in your area who specializes in medical malpractice for a free consultation.

You should act quickly. In Pennsylvania there is a two year statute of limitations on medical malpractice claims. Generally, you have two years from the date of negligence to bring a lawsuit. In your case, this might be extended by the "discovery rule," which delays the start of the two year period until you knew or reasonably should have known of the injury and its cause. Good luck.

Timothy Knowles

This answer does not create an attorney/client relationship and is for informational and educational purposes only.


If this were a Maryland or Virginia medical malpractice case our experienced personal injury attorneys would do the following. First, we would look closely at the date where it was determined you had a medical malpractice claim. In Maryland you would have three years from that date to file a medical malpractice suit. In Virginia you would have two years from that date to file a medical malpractice suit.Second, the records would need to be ordered and reviewed by a qualified expert.

Jonathan N. Portner, Esquire, Portner & Shure, P.A. Maryland and Virginia Personal Injury Attorneys. This response is general information and not legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This response should not be relied upon. Please note that no attorney-client relationship exists between the sender and the recipient of this message in the absence of either (1) a signed fee contract and (2) remission of an agreed-upon retainer. Absent such an agreement and retainer, I am not engaged by you as an attorney, nor is any other member of my law firm


You need to contact a medical negligence lawyer to review the medical records. That is the only way to determine whether a claim should be filed. Getting the records yourself would speed up the process. In Pennsylvania you have 2 years - but sooner you get it started the better off you will be as your statute may already have run.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer