Skip to main content

Hi can someone request that police call records be expunged?

Carrollton, TX |

I live in an apt complex where a neighbor above me was loud all the time. I had to call the police as i was instructed by the apt management in order for them to be quiet on school nights.. when the police came, the neighbors told them I had a vendetta against them and I was racist! All I wanted was them to be quiet so my sons could do their homework. They are Hispanic and I am white. I spend all my free time and money helping out the Hispanic community!! I don't think it is fair that they can say whatever they want and it is part of a record with my name attached. The city prosecuter said there was nothing I could do about it. Thoughts?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Police calls are only to an address, not a particular person. And, there is no way to expunge the calls for service to an address.

Cynthia Henley



I obtained the records and my name is recorded on the call records.


You cannot expunge call records in this situation. Unfortunately, people can say whatever they want to the police or anyone else. My thought is that you are just going to have to let it go.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.


I agree with the above. Unfortunately expunction is reserved for actual criminal charges.

Law Office of David D. White, PLLC
1205 Rio Grande St.
Austin, TX 78701
(512) 369-3737

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer