Skip to main content

Hi, My H4 to F1 visa conversion is pending with USCIS and its been 2.5 months( I-539 receipt date May 28th)

Redmond, WA |

I have been offered assistantship from the institute which will start in few days and it will stand cancelled if I am not on my F1 status. Can I expedite my case with USCIS with reason that I will be suffering financial loss?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


No, not under the facts you describe. The criteria for requesting an expedite from USCIS is published at its sites at, please find and read it & you'll understand the requirements needed to qualify for an "expedite".

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


No,but you can apply for an F-1 visa abroad.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Talk to your DSO.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer