Hi, is it possible to change guilty plea to disorderly conduct for patronizing a prostitute class b misdemeanor

Bentonville, AR |

i plea guilty for patronizing a prostitute and recently heard that it will affect my immigration. can i change it to disorderly conduct now ?

I can't speak specifically to AR law, but your answer depends on facts. Were you represented by an attorney? How long ago did you plead? Were you advised of the effect of a guilty plea on your immigration status? All the answers to those questions will help a qualified, local attorney assist you.

Please let me know if my answer was helpful. Thank you.

Thank you so much William, Yes i was represented by an attorney and it pleaded on July 24th 2013. I asked my attorney would it affect my immigration and she said no. Now i am currently in Oregon. Is there a way can i plea again for disorderly conduct and reduce it. Will i have any issues in doing it ?

William Mark Weinberg

William Mark Weinberg

I can't speak to OR law, but in California you can attempt to withdraw your plea within 6 months. That would make it 1/24/14. So, you need to get to the attorney and withdraw your plea ASAP. Your attorney will have to research the issue and tell the judge he failed to advise you of the immigration consequences. No guarantees, but you have to try. I hope I've helped a bit. If so, please check the box above. Good luck.

Thanks again william, if that try will it affect me by any chance , also if i go back to my country how long will i be inadmissible ?

William Mark Weinberg

William Mark Weinberg

You won't be hurt for trying. I recommend talking with an experienced immigration attorney as to your second question. Merry Christmas. Hang in there.

I don't think you can change it now. It's been over five months since you plead guilty. I'm assuming the judge then entered a sentence. You only have thirty days, typically, to appeal a sentence from district court to circuit court. I can't think of what the exception would be, if any.

You can have this expunged from your record after five years, but I am not sure that helps your situation.

You need to call an immigration lawyer here in Arkansas. I do not do immigration law, but I know there are several reputable firms in both Little Rock and Fayetteville. Maybe they could file a motion to withdraw plea. I have not done this, but I am sure if anyone has, it would be an immigration lawyer. So many times people will plea to things that effect their status without really knowing the consequences.

Thank you so much Camille. do you know any immigration lawyer who can help me with this situation ? I am stuck up here and cant proceed anything, your help will be really appreciated.

Camille Edmison-Wilhelmi

Camille Edmison-Wilhelmi

If you go the top of the page and click find a lawyer, type "immigration" in the search box and search the whole state. I know a few that appear on that first page and they are very good. I don't think I'm allowed to point you to someone specific through Avvo, though it's a good idea to give the highest rated one a call and work your way down the list.