Hi..im a green card holder and have a daugther in philippines who is 4 yrs old now turning 5 on september..

Fort Lauderdale, FL |

i just wanted to know if i can posibly bring her here in usa..if so how much its gonna cost me?..doi need a lawyer for it?pls help

As a permanent resident you can certainly petition for your daughter, but it will take a number of years before she is able to join you in the United States. It will be helpful to look at the facts of your case to determine if there are other, more expeditious options. For example, how you became a permanent resident may provide other, quicker options.

Consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can review your case, advise you of the options available and their anticipated costs, and recommend how best to proceed.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.

when you say how i became a permanent resident, is the one who petitioned me can file for my daughter??

Jeffrey Adam Devore

Jeffrey Adam Devore

There are a number of different options and which ones may be applicable depend on how your obtained your permanent residence. In some cases your child can be included in your case, even at a later date or your petitioner may be able to petition for your daughter, which may be faster than you filing a petition on her behalf. It depends on the specific facts of the case, hence my recommendation that you consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can determine what options are available and advise you appropriately. This forum is not the pace to get personalized case specific advice.

i have follow up question..i am currently reading the i-30 form instructions..it stated that i need to present my permanent resident card. the thing is my card is expired and the renewed one i havent got it yet.,.when i went to immigration office they told me if i wanted to get one again i need to pay 450 or i can wait until feb next yr to file a citizenship...what can i do if im unable to show my permanent resident card?

Jeffrey Adam Devore

Jeffrey Adam Devore

As I indicated previously, this forum is not the place to get case specific advice. I recommend you consult with an experienced immigration attorney.

I agree with my colleagues. A permanent resident may petition for his/her spouse and unmarried child(ren) of any age to immigrate to the United States.

There are a limited number of relatives who may immigrate under these categories each year so there is generally a waiting period before an immigrant visa number becomes available.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info

Yes you can bring her here. You must file an I-130 and then wait for it to be approved and then for the priority date to become current. This process could take a couple years. If you become a US citizen in the meantime the application converts to an immediate relative petition and shortens the time to file for her permanent residency.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.