Skip to main content

Hi. I want to know if I can take my 17 year old friend from her home (where she is abused) and have her live with me.

Spanish Fork, UT |

I've been told that I can do this if the parents know that she is with me. And I want to know if the police can force her to return home. No, she doesn't want to live at home. Yes, we've already reported abuse to the police. No, they didn't do anything. IF we let her parents know where she is, can I take her, and have her stay with me, or will she be forced to go back home. We live in Utah county, Utah.

Please. I need an answer as soon as possible.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You asked this once before. Get yourself a criminal attorney because the answer is no, you can't. It is not about her parents knowing she is with you, it's whether you have their permission, and even that isn't something I would rely on. Why not just call a local attorney and see what he/she says. Personally, I think you're setting yourself up for trouble.

Attorneys on Avvo donate their time and your feedback is appreciated. Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions.


I agree with Mr. Thomson and you and your friend should report any abuse or neglect to social services.

We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I have made do not constitute legal advice. Any statements I have made are based upon the very limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in California.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer