Skip to main content

Hi, I live in Pinellas County and I was wondering how I can tell if the restraining order papers were served to the other party?

Saint Petersburg, FL |

The other party lives in another state and I was told to fax the papers to the sherrifs department but I"m not sure if the papers got to him or not.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


This is going to require a lot of follow up on your part. Because you are dealing with the Sheriff's department, your best bet is to call the Sheriff's department and ask if they have served the papers yet. If they have, ask them to supply you the proof.

All answers only apply to Florida law. Any opinion is for research and educational purposes only. Always consult an attorney for legal consultation.


call the clerk or check on line with the clerk if you have access


call the clerk and find out if there is a return of service on the party

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer